The following information applies to clients who are insured by Auto-Owners Insurance. Insurors Associates will update clients of other carriers when information is made available.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Auto-Owners Insurance will be refunding up to 15% of Private Passenger Auto premiums for the months of April and May 2020. This refund is pending regulatory approval. In order to be eligible for a refund, a vehicle must have bodily injury coverage in order for the refund to apply.
Once regulatory approval is received, we will apply up to a 15% premium refund. Below are the details:
- This refund will automatically occur. There is no action needed on behalf of the agent or the policyholder.
- The refund will be processed upon regulatory approval. We expect this will take place during the month of May.
- Policyholders who are enrolled in our Customer Center, can log in and view their refund notice in the document section. If they are not enrolled in the Customer Center, they can enroll by clicking the Log In link at auto-owners.com.
- The customers refund will be applied to any outstanding balance on their billing account. Any remainder will be returned via check or their automatic payment method.
- This refund applies to private passenger auto policies.
- New customers written during the months of April and May will also be eligible for this refund. Policies need to be in force effective May 31, 2020.
- Existing customers must have bodily injury coverage in force on March 31, 2020, in order for the refund to apply
REMINDER: CUSTOMER CENTER ENROLLMENT
Policyholders enrolled in Customer Center have 24/7 access to make payments, check claims status, view their policy documents and more! Customers can enroll by clicking the Log In link on auto-owners.com, downloading Auto-Owners Mobile from the app store, or your agency can sign them up from the Agency Portal.